Wednesday, May 13, 2015

We are Moving!....What to eat?

If you know me personally, you would know that my family and I move quite often.  In fact, we are moving...again...from the Mississippi Delta back to the beautiful Gulf Coast where my husband has worked his tail off to get a coaching and teaching job with the state. 

One of the hardest things to do is to remember to eat healthy and drink water with all the chaos going on.  I have a nudist 3 year old constantly giving the 12 and 13 year old complete hell while the dog is barking, boxes flying, 5 televisions blaring all at the same time, and everyone talking as loud as they can.

Then I am asked, "Mom, what's for dinner".  Really??! 

When we moved from the Coast to the Delta last year, I found myself eating whatever I could grab, when I could grab it....and those little pounds started packing back on, despite my He-man moving skills.  This time, though, I have found a love for large-pot meals and slow-cooker recipes.  These babies will feed my family of 5 for at least two nights.  Plus, we are trying to devour the veggies and fruits before our final move next week to keep the packing down. 

It is nice to not have all the canned food (high in sodium and mercury) and processed foods to have to worry about packing since I stopped buying those years ago.  My plan of attack for the move is bottled water and my HNC Protein drink mixes and bottled water.

Although life gets crazy, you always have to have an attack plan to stay on top of your healthy lifestyle... did I also mention that whole wheat, flax seed muffins are a great travel snack?  I plan on making a bunch of these babies before next Wednesday.




I am an independent contractor for Metabolic Direct and Metabolic Research Center.  This information is not intended to treat or heal any diseases and are listed as supplements only.  Customers and / or potential clients are encouraged to complete a health screen information sheet with a MRC Direct Coach prior to purchasing the product and to consult with their physician prior to starting any new supplements or weight loss programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment